Monday, August 4, 2014

Today I cleansed my chakras in the North Sea

Not all of us swam in the North Sea the day before, so today was the day. No matter how cold, I was going in.





The water was brisk and chilly, but not too bad. The currents were a little strong, so it was hard for Bella to stay where she could touch. I think I was out in the water for ten minutes with everyone before Bella was ready to come back in. That was good enough for me. My chakras got cleaned.

We drove to a place called Thorsmilde, which had a nice jetty. Our primary reason for going there, though, was ice cream.

In the car on the way to Thorsmilde, I told the rest of the family that they should try a Turkisk Peber in front of the Danes before we gave them the bag back. They agreed and Alex timed them to see how long they could keep the candy in their mouth. Sofia made some funny faces. Surprisingly, all three of them finished their candy, including the spicy center, which is more than Alex and I could do. None of them liked it though. It's funny how much Mette and Jesper love it. Ack!

Mette's brother, Søren, joined us for the day. He lives about a half hour away. He's a neurologist, like his dad.




More bunker jumping



At the ice cream place, Bella used her own money to buy a ball-thrower for Mikey (our neighbor's dog in Gainesville). It was only 25 dkk ($4.50), which is cheap for Denmark. Shoot, it's even cheap for the States. We tried it out with Nelson, of course.

For dinner, we had fish and chicken, more of those delicious Danish potatoes, and carrot salad. And for dessert...


After dinner, Ida, Alex, Freddy, and Søren played Yahtzee, which Freddy had just taught to Alex earlier.

No comments: