Friday, August 1, 2014

21st Anniversary

I posted an anniversary message on Facebook before I went to bed (it was technically August 1 in Denmark), so when we woke up, we already had dozens of "likes" and a few comments. Cristina and I exchanged gifts at the breakfast table. I got her a ladle carved from Greek olive wood (bought in the Frankfurt train station of all places) and she gave me a round cutting board (I've been complaining about some of our cutting boards which are getting a little ragged). What can I say, we like the practical gifts.


This is an incredible innovation which we sadly have not seen in the States. It's called lay-on chocolate. It is super thin sheets of chocolate that you lay on to a slice of bread, or roll, or whatever. This is Mette's favorite brand, so Cristina took a picture of it so we could buy some.

Sofia and Ida surprised us with a breakfast visit. They rode the bus home from the festival so they could drop off a few things they didn't need, refill their water bottles, and have a short break. 

We didn't do much the rest of the day. Sofia and Ida went back to the festival. Alex and Bella spent most of the day absorbed in media (we call it the opium den of wi-fi). Cristina and I did go for a walk down at the neighborhood park. (Jesper jokingly said if we didn't return by dark they wouldn't call the police).


I didn't take my phone, and I didn't take any photos all day, so these are all from Cristina's phone.



It's always nice to go on a private walk with Cristina. We talked about the future, what the next year holds in store, what our goals are. It can be harder to talk much about that kind of stuff when kids are along.

No comments: