Thursday, August 7, 2014

Last full day in Arhus

Two goals today: cook spinach lasagna for dinner and pack up the car.

We signed up for a free walking tour of Copenhagen on Friday, but the tour starts at 11 am, so that would require leaving Arhus by 7 am. Considering the average time of our being-ready-for-the-day has been 10, it was easy to think we wouldn't make it. But when we have a mission, we usually pull it off.

The Copenhagen trip meant that we absolutely had to be all packed up before we went to bed. We knew we wouldn't make it if we packed Friday morning. So packing was the primary goal of today.

I like to cook at least one meal at each place that we spend a considerable amount of time at, so after consulting the family, we decided that I would make spinach lasagna (the same meal I made in Scotland). It's tasty, feeds many, and though I don't think of it as a vegetarian dish, it is one, which makes it ideal for Ida and Mette (pescatarians).

Cristina and I did a little bit of shopping: Bazar Vest for veggies for salad and tomorrow's lunch, then Føtex for bread and chips/crisps. We took Mette with us to Føtex so she could show us the university she works at. It has a beautiful campus. Cristina took pictures with her phone, but I didn't bring the big camera with me.

Back at home, the girls had taken the lasagna out of the oven for me, so the only thing left was to make the salad and garlic bread. We sat down for dinner around 6:30, which was a lot earlier than the dinners we've been having. A bit more normal. That was also a goal, so that we could get to bed at a reasonable time.

The pool table downstairs has been our table/organizing surface during our stay, but now that we were packed up, it became a pool table again. Alex and I played a game. I won, after a long and grueling battle. We both kinda stink, although in fairness to our abilities, Jesper pointed out that the pockets are smaller than normal, so that didn't help us out. I used to play pool a lot with my friends as a kid. I even had my own pool cue. While we played, I decided I'd like to go play pool with Alex at the Reitz Union sometimes. I'm going to try to make that happen.



The car fully packed, we got to bed about midnight, which was later than ideal, but it would have to do. My alarm was set for 6.

No comments: