Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Go to a concert, buy a little pot



We went to the National Theater today without Cristina because she was feeling under the weather. Today’s performance was a group of six vocalists who perform a capella. They also recreate instruments and percussion with their voices. Think six Bobby McFerrins doing Latin music. They did "Eleanor Rigby," which I started recording, but I only got about 8 seconds of footage before I got busted by an usher. No videotaping allowed. The singers were good, though. Very entertaining.



After moving the car (we got the same spot near Taco Bell) we split up. Maritza had some business to attend to (bureaucratic nonsense) and I was ready to buy some coffee pots at the central market. We got the pots and then headed back. We still had 30 minutes to kill before meeting up with Maritza, so we went below the Plaza and sat in the Gold Museum lobby until 2 pm.

When we met up with Maritza, we looked for a place to eat lunch. We wound up at a little food court area that the kids had been to before I had arrived, back in June. It was a little crazy getting the food. Bella was tired and hungry, so I was juggling her and trying to help the other kids order. It was messy. But the food was good when the dust settled and we were all finally eating.


After lunch, we fed the pigeons at the plaza.  There weren't very many though and they mostly stared at our pathetic corn with the expected apathy of overfed pigeons.  To liven things up a bit, I accidentally spilled my cup of mango nectar all over Sofia and myself.


I pretended to be upset at getting spilled on.  It's harder to see my stain, thankfully.

Finished with our business in San Jose, we drove back to Pavas. It was a lazy evening from then on. I lay on the bed with Cristina and rested, watching a little TV. When it got to be dinnertime, I again attempted to get tacos from across the street, but the place was closed yet again. So Maritza, Sofia, and I walked up the street to order some Chinese take-out. The wanton soup with chicken was excellent.

Wito was working late and wouldn’t be home till about 2 am. So I had to park the car up the street without him. Maritza went with me.

As I worked on uploading my blogs, I realized that I had left the camera in the car. I asked Cristina how I should explain to the security guard that I’m going into the car that I just parked. So she told me to say dejé algo adentro, or I left something inside. The whole way up to the car, I said the expression over and over, practicing. When I got to the car, the guard was sitting near it. I said my bit (nonchalantly…I tried not to sound like a robot or anything), got the camera, and headed back home.

No comments: