Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bella's 4th Birthday

Our youngest child turned four today. We started the day off with Bella's choice of breakfast, blueberry pancakes and fresh fruit. I stuck a candle in her first pancake and we sang, although she refused to blow the candle out.


She had already eaten half a bagel, so she didn't eat much of her pancake.

Bella's birthday coincided with a shindig at Desert Marigold called Splash Bash, where the kids come to school and enjoy some water play. Hoses, little pools, sprinklers, slip-and-slides, stuff like that. It's mainly a meet-and-greet for new parents to the school. We decided to combine the Splash Bash with Bella's "party," instead of trying to get some friends together afterwards. Last night I bought a big cake with 5 frosting balloons on it (Bella picked it out). I wrote B-E-L-L-A on the balloons with white frosting. At the end of the Splash Bash, we gathered everyone together, sang, and before Bella had a chance to blow out the candles, a breeze blew them out for her! She said she didn't want me to relight them for her. It was a huge bunch of kids and adults, so I cut the pieces small. It was good though. By a count of plastic ware we used, we served about 80 pieces of cake!


Back at home, after an exhaustion-induced tantrum, The kids watched a DVD from the library. Bella opened some presents: silk dress-up clothes, fairy princess kind of stuff...capes, crown/veils, flower-petal blouses...the whole shebang.


The birthday dinner that Bella chose was pizza with black olives. We made a big salad to go with it, and sweet tea.

After Bella is in bed, I'm going to see You Don't Mess With the Zohan with Peter. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan (I like about half of his movies). The trailer for Zohan looked pretty entertaining, so I'm up for a few laughs.


4 comments:

Malone said...

Happy Birthday Bella!

Love,
Steve, Laura and Seren xxx

Fran Eury said...

I am so glad for the call today regarding Bella's birthday. I feel bad that after thinking about her birthday for months, on its actual day I didn't connect the date and so we did not call and sing to her like our custom has been. It is not the first time that we have missed a grandchild birthday on its actual day but I wish it would be the last.

Looks like she had a great day and that is the most important thing. Sure am glad you guys are coming East this summer. Can't wait to see you. Wayne will work on the "room" downstairs but we do not have money for lumber to frame off his shop so that is an issue. We will do the best we can to allow for children to be downstairs and enjoy them selves in play as much as possible. Too bad we cannot yet get a pool table. That would really make it great.
Love you guys...Mom

Mary said...

I feel bad that I completely forgot Bella's big day. It sounds like you had plenty to keep you busy though. I am sure she had a great day. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you this summer.

Christinelynn said...

Dear Bella!

I am a first time author and saw your Happy Birthday Blog on google. I just recently published a book called Bella's Marigold Cake! My name is Christine Wheeler. My press release is right next to your Birthday Blog if you and your family would like to look at it. Just google Bella's Marigold Cake and it will pop up.

My kids are all older now, two in college and my youngest is a senior in high school.

Let me know if you check out the book. If you decide to purchase it it can be bought through my author website which is the ad right above your Birthday blog.

Thanks so much! Happy Belated Birthday!

Christine