Wednesday, July 24, 2019

One More Waterfall


Since we weren’t going to the 2-hour-away waterfall, we didn’t have to get up early. We slept in till about 9, and then I made pancakes. I made the mistake on not listening well to the plans and I thought we were still trying to get together with another one of Cristina’s cousins. So Sofia and I pissed Cristina off by getting snippy about our plans for the day. What can I say. It’s been a long six weeks.

We drove to the waterfall, and hiked down a short but steep path (which reminded me of the old path to the Fortuna waterfall, complete with electrical wire tied to trees for assistance). The waterfall was small but pretty. Even better, in my opinion, were the multiple pools down stream leading to a bridge. It was tempting to swim in one. Although, the temptation was removed when I stuck my feet in one pool and pulled them out covered with little worms (or maybe leeches?). That made me glad I hadn’t gotten in all the way.

We headed back to the town of Ciudad Colon, ate lunch at a soda, then got home and dropped the kids off. I checked the paperwork, and it turned out that the car was due at 5, not 4. We took the car to Lindora Momentum Enterprise, which we were a little late because of traffic, but it didn’t matter.

Back at home, packing commenced. I know Cristina can pack thru the night, and that’s often her routine, but it was nice to be finished by 11pm or so. Plus, I could help her with weighing the bags and such.

No comments: