Friday, July 12, 2019

Bio Thermales

Our obligatory day at Bosque complete, it was time to try a new place. We knew we would forever compare thermal waters places to Bosque, but it's good to see what else is out there.

There are several other local-priced thermal waters places, and we chose one called Bio Thermales. We had looked into possibly staying at this one when Bosque's lodging was out of our price range. Bio was also out of our price range, but a day pass to the pools was only 4000 colones.

They don't have lights at their pools like Bosque, so the pools closed at 6pm. We got there around 11, so plenty of time.

From the get-go, we could tell that Bio catered more towards families. Many of the pools were full of young kids and parents. More crowded than we were hoping for, but one advantage is that they have lots of little covered table areas, some with power outlets. I was a good 7 or 8 days behind on my blog, so I brought my laptop. So while the others hit the pools, I worked on my blog. I got four days or so done. A worker even walked by, saw me working, and told me their wi-fi password. So I could actually post the blogs instead of just write them offline.

We walked down to the main office for lunch, ordered from the little soda. The portions were large and yummy. While we waited for the food, Cristina and I played checkers on a big wood checkers board. She won.

I finally wrapped up blog work at 4 and got in the pools with the family. There was a cluster of 3 pools: one hot, one medium, one cool. It was the perfect place to spend a couple of hours.

We drove back home and made pasta, sausage, and finished off the rotisserie chicken.

No comments: