Sunday, July 21, 2019

Fun Day with Vicki and Marcos


Vicki made arepas for breakfast, which were just big sweet pancakes. Marcos loves peyibeyes with mayo with his morning coffee. I don’t care for peyibeyes, but I haven’t tasted one in probably 20 years, so I had one to see if my tastes had changed. Still not really my thing, but I’m glad I checked.

Kat had flown out that morning, and towards the end of breakfast, Ramon, Elena, and Lizzie joined us. We caravanned to Bosque del Ninos, a cool recreational area with picnic areas, a soccer field, and hiking trails. Most of us hiked to a waterfall (Ramon and Lizzie stayed at the tables). The weather and the trees reminded me on northern California. We thought we were going to get rained on, but it stayed dry.

Back at the tables, we ate lunch of leftover arroz con pollo and salad. The kids and I played a little soccer. It was Alex, Chris, and me on one team, against Carlos, Dani, and Bella. We won the first game 3 to 2. Then I subbed myself out for Elena, and Carlos and the girls won the second game. It was fun. I really like V and M’s kids. They’re sweet and good-natured.

There’s a chance that V and M and kids might come to Florida over Christmas break. Of course we invited them to stay with us. Hopefully it will happen.

The park closed at 4, so we headed back down the mountain to Alice and William’s house. Monica was also there, as her main occupation right now is taking care of her parents and a jewelry/art business, which she works on from the house. We had a light dinner of sandwiches and tortillas with natilla.

Back at V and M’s, we packed the car up for the last time, said our goodbyes, and headed to the Airbnb in San Rafael.

No comments: