Friday, June 19, 2009

Procrastination

Man, I've got it bad.

I can't seem to make myself clean up the house. I'm finding a million different things to do, and half of those involve the computer. I did finally strip the kids' beds, and I'm emptying the trash cans, but I'm so far behind my goal. Plus, I need to take the animals to the Humane Society for some low-cost vaccinations. I should have gone in first thing at 8 am, but now it's noon and, while I am showered and dressed, I haven't left the house yet.

As much as I enjoy messing around and goofing off, I hate being so unproductive. I can be unproductive when I get to Costa Rica. Here, I have a limited time to get the house presentable for people that will be staying here while we're gone.

The biggest part is that it's not crunch time yet. I still have 5 more days. But I don't want to put it all off. I don't want to be scrambling to straighten up the house at 2 in the morning before the day I fly out.

Okay. I'm going to get off of here and shut the computer down. That will help me resist the temptation of the computer. The Humane Society closes for lunch, and I will be there waiting at 1 pm when they reopen.

3 comments:

Malone said...

You won't read this for a while because you're focused and not procrastinating anymore...but who's staying in your house when you're gone? Just curious.

Fran said...

Me, too.....

Lynn said...

I thought you were leaving on the 6th. How is that 5 more days? I must not have been paying attention. I was one of your procrastination distracions. Thanks for talking to me about CR even though I may have changed my mind.