Friday, April 4, 2008

Funny Flight Attendants


This will be quick and completely random.

I'm in the process of tidying up a pile of old paperwork. I found a note that I had scribbled on the plane when I took Alex to Florida last November. I remember I was still relatively new to blogging then, and when the flight attendant kept saying funny things over the PA system, I jotted them down, thinking they'd make good blog-material.

So instead of just chucking the paper, I'm honoring my original intentions.

Here are some snippets of pure comedic joy from a nameless Delta flight attendant, most of which went completely unnoticed by the tired/jaded travelers. You have to imagine the lines being said in that sweet, borderline-sappy voice that all flight attendants use:

"We will be coming around with a complimentary beverage...or you may pay for it if you prefer."

"We will also be offering delicious peanuts with complimentary cocktail napkin. If peanuts don't tickle your fancy, we suggest you try our second option...the knuckle sandwich."

"We're making our initial descent into Orlando...home of Carrot Top."

"We hope you enjoy your stay in Orlando. If Orlando is not your intended destination, we still hope you enjoy your time there."

Oh well. Maybe she just nailed my sense of humor that night, but I thought she was hilarious. I'm not going to wrap this up with some lame disclaimer like "I guess you had to be there."

But maybe you did have to be there.

3 comments:

Fran Eury said...

I shall be sure to take notes on my upcoming flight to AZ from TN. We can compare notes for which is more hilarious. :)

Lynn said...

I remember a male flight attendant that was real funny when we went on pilgrimage I think. It might have been on one of our trips to Colorado or Montana or Oregon with the employers also. I didn't take notes,
:-) but he got applause when we landed after his cute closing remarks or goodbyes.

Mary said...

My favorite comment during a flight was when the Attendant informed us that "in the event the plane should crash in water, your seat cushion can be used as a floatation device". My comment back was " I would prefer that in the event of a crash, my seat cushion could be used as a parachute!" Just thought I would share.