Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quickies

Been a while since I've blogged, so I'll slap a few random quickies on here.

Cristina's dad is expected to briefly visit here soon, probably this week. Cristina's mom will have a quick stay with us before heading out to Seattle for Trip's wedding. And my mom will be flying to Phoenix in April for a 3 week stay. So the next 2 months will be delightfully full of family. The grill will get a good workout!

Tonight, the Gator basketball team plays Arizona State in the NIT tournament...right here in Tempe. It's not too often that the Gators (football or basketball) play in Arizona, so I'm seizing the opportunity. Luckily, tickets for tonight's game aren't anywhere near the prices for the football team's last game here. I got my ticket for $17.




Sofia and Alex just finished their Spring Break. Mine was the week before theirs. During my spring break, my Uncle Doug and Aunt Lynn came to Phoenix for a funeral and spent a couple of nights with us. Great to visit with them. And Sofia had her huge presentation at school, which was about Hatshepsut, the female Pharaoh of Egypt. The presentation is a major focus of their spring semester and a large part of their grade. She practiced a lot and worked hard and it came out really well. We're very proud of her.

I'm still tutoring after school a couple of days a week, attending an after-school (paid) teacher training 4 times a month, and taking classes at South Mountain Community College. I interviewed my mom yesterday for a storytelling class and one of the questions was "what's the hardest you've ever worked." Sometimes I think this is the hardest I've worked!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Wow you do sound busy. I hope all of your visits go well. Sure wish we could make a trip before you move, but I doubt it will happen. Love you, M

Fran Eury said...

Considering the hours you are putting in and the type of work you are doing, I'd say it could be the hardest you ever do as well. Hope you can slow down soon. Love ya, mom

Mary said...

Did you ever get a chance to see the blogs about my visit with Steven? I thought you might be interested in seeing the pics of him in uniform.

Burton Meahl said...

Life's been real busy lately, so I did not even get to ask you if you were going to get to the game. I was thinking of you gametime, and had faith you would be there. It must have been neat. Too bad New York is so far away. They could conceivably play Ohio State in the finale...which would be cool.