Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sofia's Band Concert

I'm woefully behind in posting Sofia's various performances on here, but today I thought I'd finally get something up. Sofia had her Spring band concert last night at Arizona School for the Arts. They played three songs. Here's my personal favorite: their version of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody...



I like to occasionally zoom in on Sofia's section, but not long after the song started, my "low battery" light started flashing. So I stopped zooming to conserve battery. Luckily, the battery lasted through the whole song. I had a fresh one in my pocket, but I didn't want to switch mid-song, because then I'd miss a little bit.

Oh, one more thing. The sheet music did not include the "head-banging" bit. Mr. Roberts, the band director, being a cool guy, knew you couldn't do Bohemian Rhapsody without that part, so he arranged the part himself. The head-banging bit (those familiar with the movie Wayne's World will know what part I mean) starts at 3:52 in the video. Kudos, Mr. Roberts!

4 comments:

Bonnie and John said...

I have always been a big fan of Queen. Love the song! Sofie your band did a great job!!!!!
love you all
bonnie

Mary said...

Gave me cold chills. Wonderfully done, Sofia. We are so proud. Love you bunches.

Lynn said...

I loved it! SO glad you are into music. Would love to see you perform live sometime. Would really love to see you play with Chase and Hunter and anyone else in the family who plays an instrument. A family band. Maybe you guys/us guys can compose a family song!

Malone said...

Sweet. Nice job Sofia. It rocks!