Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Classroom

I brought the camera to school today so that I could post some pictures on the pumpkin festival post during my free time at work. So I thought I'd shoot a few photos of my classroom, in case anyone was ever curious about what it looked like.

This is the view from my desk. I must admit, there's nothing very attractive about the classroom. I'm not very good at decorating like some teachers are. Note the Poang chairs donated by IKEA. I use PowerPoint every day, so the projector and screen are key components of my classroom.


Here's the view from the opposite corner, with my desk in back. On the right side of the picture, you can see a little bit of the bookshelf I built for my classroom library. Those two big metal cabinet things are carts of laptops. Note the bunker-like windows, a reminder that my school is not in the best of neighborhoods. But my last school, Trevor Browne, had no windows at all!


My desk. I obviously did not tidy up for the picture. The wooden apple, which I keep filled with paper clips, is from Costa Rica.










And here's my classroom filled with reading students.

3 comments:

Fran said...

How neat to see your classroom. You are such a great teacher. I sure do love you. Mom

Malone said...

Cool to see where you work. Now I can imagine your environment when I catch you on msn at work.

I'd blogged about my work before but hadn't shown any interior shots. Maybe I'll do that too.

Lynn said...

Your room could stand to have a few plants is all it really needs to "liven things up".
That was a run on sentence wasn't it?