Friday, January 4, 2008

To pick a candidate

If you're like me (and most other Americans) you're pretty ignorant on where each of the candidates stand on many of the issues. I'm no political junkie, so my knowledge of the candidates comes mostly from the 10 minutes of NPR I might hear in the car, or the ever-so-brief pause on CNN during the occasional surf through the channels.

Cristina got this link to a site that shows which candidate is closest to where you stand on the issues. You fill out a very short multiple-choice questionnaire, and then it shows you which candidates are the closest match. Pretty cool. I'm hoping that quick things like this will make voters slightly more informed. Too many people make their pick based on lousy negative TV ads or whatnot.

I won't say which candidate was my closest match, because I don't want this to turn into some kind of political endorsement blog.

But feel free to check out the site for yourself:

Are you having trouble sorting out all the claims and counter claims made by the candidates??

Thinking about next year's election .. already made up your mind? Still deciding? Is your current choice based on actual issues or is it based on some other factors. If you don't understand the questions.....perhaps you should study up on the issues BEFORE you vote. Go to this fascinating website and follow the directions!

Takes about 1-2 minutes

This will compare your answers with
ALL candidates.

Click on the website below

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460


4 comments:

Fran Eury said...

I did it and it did not make me need to change my mind. I am right on target with the one I want to vote for.

Burton Meahl said...

Great idea there. I hate political debates myself, so thanks for your approach here. The #1 surprised me a bit, but the #2 was who I had already targeted.

Mary said...

This was a great link. Like you I am not too up on all the candidates views. I don't even know about all the issues that are up for debate. But I will say that I am right on target for who I want to vote for. What a relief. Thanks for helping me confirm my opinions. M

Lynn said...

The #1 for me was a dude I hadn't heard of. The #2 and #3 were tied, so now I don't know what to do. They were the two I was debating between anyway. Cool site, though. I think I left one question unanswered so maybe I'll try to answer it and see if it makes a difference.