Sunday, December 5, 2010

Alex's art

Thursday after school, Alex told me "I know it's last minute, but there's an art show at my school tonight." He gave me a little slip of paper with the details. So I quickly ordered pizza for dinner and made it to Glen Springs by 5:45-ish.

Some of the students, including Alex, had their artwork framed and on display in the halls.


At 6:00, the art teacher handed out awards to students for their artwork.


At the school entrance, Alex had a small piece on display. I forgot to ask what the theme was. Looks like a Day of the Dead thing, but I'm not sure. I think that's a football in front of the skeleton, which is wearing orange and blue of course.


It was a nice evening and it was wonderful to have an evening event showcasing Alex and his accomplishments.

5 comments:

WNC mountain gal said...

How great to see. He is quite good at art work. I love it. I would consider it an honor if he ever chose to give me some of his art work.

Paula said...

Great job, Alex! I like your art! I like the day/night theme of the palm trees that you conveniently managed to make gator colors! :) The shiny football one is fascinating, is that on aluminum foil? I noticed the number 10 on the jersey. It is funny to see a depiction of a football player with no protective gear, shoes, or feet! Just bones! Nice job and congratulations on your award and recognition for your artwork, Alex! :)

Aunt Bonnie said...

congrats Alex, you are quite the artist. It def runs in the family, you will have to take a look at some of Andys, next time you guys come to town.
love you all!

Lynn said...

I am so glad to see some of his stuff! I hope to see more! Great work Alex! Love it!

Reason To Be Cheerful Part 4 said...

The skeleton is AWESOME!! :D