Monday, May 10, 2010

Backlog of stuff to post

I've got a lot of things I meant to post...photos, videos, explanations...but I've been so busy getting the house ready and job hunting that I haven't posted much. So here are three videos to get me somewhat caught up. I'll start with the oldest. I think it was April 27. Sofia had her last band performance of the year. They did three pieces. This is the last one, which Sofia and I both thought was the best. It's an exciting piece, especially once the lights go out. Don't quit watching when the lights go out.  
https://youtu.be/6LZ96rDyWUg

Next, Sofia had a piano recital on Saturday. The first song is a duet with her piano teacher, Danya...  
https://youtu.be/yEe7MHJfPfQ

And most recently, Bella's first haircut. Self-initiated; she wanted to get it cut. Cristina offered to cut it, but Bella wanted to go to the hair place (probably because she knew there would be no lollipop if her mother cut it).
https://youtu.be/ZrrVZ_P6GnE

6 comments:

Elena said...

Is Sofia's hair curling? Or was it braided?
Are you going to put pictures of Sofia's birthday?
I'm very sad about Bella's hair. :{ But It's her hair ... oh well.

Fran said...

Our littlest granddaughter is growing up! I think it looks lovely. I love the long curls but I assume Bella's happy with her new "do" and of course it will grow out again in no time.

Bonnie said...

oh my Sofia is soooo talented. She is really growing up! and what a beautiful young lady.

I didn't realize Bella's hair was so long. but it really does look cute, and it will grow in no time. although it is a good length there.
love you all!
bonnie

Paula said...

Brilliant pieces, Sofia! You are a natural musician! BTW, I'm getting tips of books to read from your lists. I didn't know JK Rowling had a non-HP book Beedle the Bard! Plan to get it! :)

Tag, thanks for videoing, that first piece was really neat to experience sound-wise and visually!

Bella, I love your haircut! You look beautiful! I could tell how pretty you felt when you smiled into the camera. :) That's how I feel when I get my hair cut, too!!

Alex, I like your style, man! :) You would fit right in with the look of guys in Liverpool (where the Beatles were from)!

We look forward to finally seeing you all again on the East coast one of these days! Thanks for the great visit the other week, Cris!! :)

Lynn said...

I enjoyed this whole blog! Talented Sofia, growing into a wonderful young woman, Bella growing up, too. Alex, the Great, maturing nicely. You are and ought to be very proud parents! Looking forward to the cousins jamming with each other eventually.

Bob and Danya said...

Awesome! Thanks for posting all that! Sofia is such a talented young lady! I'm really going to miss teaching her!