Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Journey Begins

Today is Vivien's birthday. She's 3 today. Happy birthday, Chocolate-Chip Meat-Muffin! We all sang to her at breakfast while a "3" candle burned in her food dish. She got to stand on the table (with Alex assisting her) while we sang, and then I gave her a piece of bacon with her breakfast. That's her birthday present.

The trailer is loaded. The animals are ready. I gave Vivi a bath this morning. The cats harnesses are adjusted and they spent a few hours in the crate on the back of the truck yesterday to get used to it.

I'm at work right now, my last day before the trip. During my planning period, I ran to Fry's and the bank, tying up some final loose ends. It's crunch time, so from now till April 5, it's going to be pretty hectic. But fun. The drive should be memorable with my dad, Alex, and 4 animals.

I'll have my laptop with me, but I'm not sure when I'll be checking in. I'll try to take pictures and video throughout the trip, and get things posted on the blog whenever I can. Bella especially would like to see how the animals are doing.

The only stress (sort of) is my self-imposed deadline: I have to be at the Asheville airport by Sunday morning. But the weather looks good and we've got plenty of time. It'll be great.

I've got a box of veggie burgers all wrapped up and ready to go, so we don't even need to stop for dinner tonight. If we can get to my aunt and uncle's house before midnight (AZ time) I'll be satisfied with today's leg of the trip.

2 comments:

Malone said...

Have a great trip bid. Sounds like a fun adventure.

Fran said...

Am so looking forward to your arrival. Praying for a safe one. Hope the cts will master the caged litter box. :)