Sunday, March 28, 2010

Asheville Airport

I'm sitting in the Asheville airport, waiting for my flight to board. It was a long tiring drive across country with my Dad, Alex, and four animals. But we made it safely and now I'm headed back for a day of wrestling and Paul McCartney. Man, that sounds weird.

It will be very surreal to be back in Phoenix after just driving for three days.

I think this is my first time inside the Asheville airport. Hmm. It's small. I got frisked by security. I guess a single male passenger with no checked bags gets flagged for a little feelie-feelie. Whatever. Is this the first time I've ever flown out of a regional airport? It might be. I fly to Atlanta first, then I switch planes. It's only a four hour drive from Asheville to Atlanta, so I'm guessing that the plane will hardly get up in the air before it's coming down again.

Bella wanted me to bring her a surprise, but I barely had time to get an hour of sleep, let alone get her something. She'll have to wait for my second return, next Sunday.

I have plenty I could blog about regarding the past 3 days, but I'm so mind-numbingly tired and dazed that I just wanted to check my email and then take a nap. I have a Netflix movie I need to watch. We'll see if I get to it.

When Dad dropped me off at Bonnie's, I tried to collect everything I might need or want for this little return trip, but I left one important thing in his truck: my camera. I'm so bummed. I really wanted Sofia and I to both have our cameras for the concert, but I guess we'll only have hers. Well, at least she has a good camera. It could be worse. At least I wasn't foolish enough to bring the concert tickets with me, and then leave them in the truck. The tickets are safe and sound at my house in Phoenix.

I'm ready to board. Let's get this party started!

3 comments:

Elena said...

4 animals? BTW what are you going to do with tank?

Lynn said...

I guess by the time you read this you will be on your way back to Asheville. I am looking forward to seeing you dear brother! Hope the concert was as awesome as you expected and that Sofia had one of the best times of her life. What a cool thing to do together!

Fran said...

You will be glad to know that all pets are getting fairly nicely acquainted. The cats are still hissing at ach other to maintain their distance but no fighting. Vivvy is dominating Peewee. funny to see.... they willl sleep next to each other in the great room.