Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cool Speeches

I'm doing a public speaking unit right now with my English classes, and tomorrow, some of my classes will be done with their first speech. I'm assembling a few cool speeches to show to those classes that have some time left. Hopefully, these speeches will serve as inspiration, but maybe my students will also listen to the content and learn something.

I'm assembling them in a blog post so they're easy to access during class.











And just for fun...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

I haven't watched all of them yet, but that first one was a doozy!

Lynn said...

OK, now I've seen the second one and that was amazing! The music video with the Rube Goldberg machine or whatever it's called. I'm glad I heard the 10 commandments before watching the video. it was even cooler!

Lynn said...

third one inspirational, fourth one, either didn't get it or just didn't like it.

Lynn said...

the fifth one I had to watch twice. I liked watching it without knowing the title of it. I wish I could share it without other people knowing the title, but when you look it up on ted talks it comes with a title which can sort of give it away.
But that one WAS cool and VERY inspirational. Loved it!

Lynn said...

Haven't I seen the Raspyni Brothers on Sesame Street years ago? They really are good!

Malone said...

Love the TED stuff. Watched the first too. The music video machine was great. Love stuff like that. I'll give the others a look.