Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Costa Rica is still on the table

A few people noticed the absence of Costa Rica as an option for moving next summer. It is still a possibility. We would love to live in Costa Rica for a couple of years for the cultural experience of it, for the chance to learn Spanish, to be closer to family even more distant than our east coast family. Though I can imagine retiring to Costa Rica one day, I'm not ready for a permanent move there. But a two-year stint or even a 4-year stint would be awesome.

I already submitted my resume to every English-speaking private school in Costa Rica, though it's still a bit early. I'll resubmit in January and see if we get any bites. A move to Costa Rica would be a lot more logistically challenging, but we'll see what's possible if a job offer comes my way. Until then, I'm putting my energy into Gainesville or Chapel Hill.

3 comments:

Fran said...

Whatever God wills, so let it be...
Love ya!

Lynn said...

I miss you guys!

Malone said...

As long as you get a house with one of those volcanic how water spring pool things then I'm cool with that.